Headquarters: San Francisco, California
Hi. We’re Zipline. We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most – – retail workers. If you have ever worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
That’s where we come in! We turn the grind of retail communications into an engaging, effective, “aha!” solution. The Zipline platform ensures that the right people get the right information in the right way. Everyone is on the same page, tasks are tracked and life feels less like a perpetual game of hair-on-fire.
With Zipline, employees feel more connected, understand the role they play in the brand’s mission and can feel good about the work they’re doing. This is important to us because retail is one of America’s most populous workforces but also one of the most underserved. Through Zipline, we can touch on one in four American workers who are often minority, women, and working part-time while studying or taking care of a family.
We’re passionate about helping retailer workers love their jobs because we know how much better life is when you love your work. This year, Retail Zipline became a Great Place to Work-Certified. 97 percent of our employees say Zipline is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. What’s even more impressive is that 100% of employees say, “I can be myself around here”, “I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position” and “People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.” 100 percent! You can’t beat the Zipline culture.
We haven’t even gotten to our customers! Think about the best retail brands, from your favorite tennis shoes to yoga pants. They’re customers. And, in addition to dozens of specialty retailers, this year we added grocery store, pharmacy, and convenience store brands. In fact, we more than doubled our customer base in 2020.
Our perfect Director of Customer Support comes from a SaaS background and is motivated by helping improve the lives of our customers and our Customer Support Team! It’s a dynamic role with the ability to make a big difference to our company and the industry. Our Customer Support Team is LOVED by all our Customers. It’s our secret sauce This role is key to driving and delivering world-class customer experiences supporting a rapidly evolving and fast-scaling support environment and a complex SaaS product business.
- Manage and mentor Tier 1 Support Specialists, Tier 2 & Tier 3 Customer Support Engineers as well as provide technical coaching, support, and review of code for Tier 3 Customer Support Engineers.
- Maintain team engagement and morale, through individual and group coaching and other team-building activities.
- Develop and maintain operational plans that ensure adequate technical support coverage and meet anticipated future demand.
- Establish, measure, and improve on key metrics to assess product quality issues, support team performance, and emerging trends in our overall customer experience.
- Identify, mentor, and develop promising leaders and “star” contributors within the team.
- Maintain a pipeline of qualified support candidates, and work quickly to grow our support organization in response to customer and business needs.
- Communicate your team’s efforts, successes, and challenges across the whole Zipline organization, both with other Customer Success stakeholders and with our engineering team leaders.
- Monitor and review all significant outages and other incidents, and work with engineering leadership to ensure accurate, timely communication to customers and the rest of our support organization. Contribute to incident post-mortems.
- Serve as a “Voice of the Customer” for the Product team, to advocate for new features, improvements, and workflows on behalf of our end-users.
- Streamline and/or lead the development of critical business tools, operational processes, and documentation to ensure operational excellence and improve the customer experience.
- Expand Zipline Support hours to 24×7 by the end of 2022.
- Manage, measure, and report on Customer Support SLAs.
- Support Zipline marketing and sales activities by providing materials, answering questions, and presenting to prospective customers as needed.
- 6+ years of professional experience scaling support within a SaaS organization.
- Experience directly managing a high-performing distributed team across time zones, with a minimum of 3+ years of people management experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. A keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- High empathy for customers, passion for helping others, and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- A proven team player with excellent collaboration skills and the ability to build relationships with both fellow Zipliners as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
More about you:
- Experience helping to debug both software and hardware-related issues (particularly proprietary mobile platforms).
- We use the following tools, services, and technologies. Familiarity with any of them is beneficial, but in no way expected or required: Apple MacBook laptops, GMail/GSuite, Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Basecamp, Slack, Github, Heroku.
- Past experience as a support engineer or software engineer is extremely helpful, as is a broad understanding of the whole software development lifecycle.
- Experience measuring and managing SLAs.
- You believe in the value of providing excellent, timely, friendly, customer-centric Customer Support.
- Retail experience is an asset, but not required.
What’s In It for You:
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to take time off when you need it most.
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More!
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Got More Time, here’s more about Zipline!
How do we work? Remotely. We have been 100% remote since the company was founded and we have it down to a science – – a people science. We huddle as a team weekly and as a company 3 times a week. On Fridays, we come together to learn from each other. One week it might be about opossum rescue. Another week it might be an update on our product roadmap or the results of our customer satisfaction survey. We are all masters of Zoom and love the freedom of working from home – – or vans – – or sailboats.
The word is getting out. We are featured regularly in the press, mostly because of the results we get from our customers. Here’s a look at just some of the articles published recently. We also picked up some awards in 2020. CBInsights ranked us one of the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. And, our CEO was a TechTrailblazer finalist. (Check out her articles on Forbes to see her passion for retail and solving its biggest challenges.)
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.