Who We Are
At OKX, we believe our future is reshaped with technology. Founded in 2017, OKX is one of the worldâs leading cryptocurrency spot and derivatives exchanges. OKX innovatively adopted blockchain technology to reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 20 million users in over 180 regions globally, OKX strives to provide an engaging platform that empowers every individual to explore the world of crypto. With its extensive range of crypto products and services, and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX vision is a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralised finance.
We invest in our people as much as we invest in the technology. We are united by our engaging culture, here we win as a team, embrace changes, and do the right thing. We are committed to creating a friendly, rewarding and diverse environment to OKers. It doesnât matter where you come from, here everyone feels valued, respected and has the same opportunities to develop and thrive â we want to bring out the best in you.
About the Team
The Risk function at OKX is responsible for the overall Risk culture at the company. Weâre a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the companyâs regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
What You’ll Be Doing
Overall responsibility for the ongoing development, application and review of an effective Risk Management framework.
Develop and implement risk management processes and controls having regard to the size and complexity of the OKXâs business by:
- designing, developing and implementing the Risk Management framework to deliver adequate identification, reporting, escalation, management and mitigation of risks;
- operating the Risk Management Function in accordance with the GFSC DLT Principles, any other applicable regulation and best practice;
- discovering and assessing short/medium/long-term emerging risks, analysing internal and external events;
- developing a risk appetite framework and defining and documenting the annual Risk Appetite Statement and risk tolerance limits for all risk categories;
- providing overviews of the actual risk and liquidity levels for OKX Gibraltar, in comparison to documented limits and appetites;
- monitoring and reporting of OKX Gibraltarâs overall risk profile and compliance with the risk limits;
- reporting details of breaches to risk limits and analysis of likelihood of future breaches;
- developing an appropriate stress testing programme in line with OKXâs key risks and reporting on the results of stress testing;
- providing input on financial and non-financial risks in relation to capital planning;
- developing appropriate business continuity and recovery plans;
- working collaboratively with risk owners to ensure risks are identified, documented and managed appropriately;
- providing oversight and challenge to operational processes, in particular in assessment of the risks connected with product features;
- managing risks in respect of deviations from operational processes and operational failures, overseeing and reporting on the steps taken to remediate these;
- providing input on suggested remedial action required to address relevant risks;
- providing regular risk reports to the Boards;
- advising the Board on the impact on OKXâs risk profile and associated risks of strategic and operational decisions;
- establishing and maintaining risk management policies and procedures;
- operating an appropriate training programme on risk management best practices; and
- advising on and implementing appropriate risk treatments (avoidance, acceptance, reduce – i.e. mitigating controls, transfer etc).
What We Look For In You:
- 5+ yearsâ experience of working at senior management level within a risk management function, including knowledge and responsibility of establishing and operating a risk management framework.
- Ideally, recent crypto exposure and a keen interest in crypto.
- Experience of working in a financial services regulated environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with relevant stakeholders and provide practical, actionable and value added recommendations.
- Recognised Risk Management qualification, e.g. CRM, IRM, PRMIA is advantageous.