We’re looking for a consultative, genuine Account Strategist to join our team.
The Account Strategist is key to developing and maintaining mutually-beneficial client relationships based on trust and shared vision. The Account Strategist maintains a vision for new opportunities for relationship growth as well as driving the work forward based on alignment with client business goals. This role combines experience in relationship management, consulting, goal-setting, strategy and tactics to achieve client objectives. The Account Strategist also works closely with cross-collaborative teams to present project briefs, maintaining the strategic thread across multiple groups.
Last Call Media is a remote-first global agency with team members on four continents. This means that you can work from anywhere in the world with a strong internet connection, as long as you can reliably commit to at least 5 hours of overlap with morning New York time (ET), Monday through Friday.
What you’ll do
- Manage a book of clients with the capacity to drive revenue and growth for LCM and meet client business objectives. This includes both project-based clients and ongoing partnership clients.
- Consult and provide recommendations to guide clients to their business goals.
- Lead client discovery sessions, status meetings, strategy discussions & presentations, creating agendas, and facilitating internal & external meetings.
- Oversee the implementation of the account team’s deliverables.
- Work closely with product & delivery managers on scope, deliverables, timelines, and budgets.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of clients’ industries, cultures, solutions, and business goals.
- Maintain a responsive service orientation; demonstrate a high level of organization and detail management.
- Create scope documents, and project briefs, and run kick-off and internal meetings to drive high-quality work forward.
- Forecast, create & manage deals & pipelines to drive revenue and growth with current clients in line with achieving their goals..
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrable experience in client relations in an agency setting
- Proven experience identifying client goals & tying them to a strategic & tactical plan
- Solid knowledge of large-scale open-source web technologies (e.g. Drupal, WordPress, React)
- Comfortable initiating conversations with clients & team members that identify issues with a solution-minded approach, including a budget, misalignments, miscommunication, errors, etc. to maintain client satisfaction.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, and understanding when to pivot
- Hubspot sales certifications
- Fluent spoken and written English
It’d be nice if you also had
- Experience working with non-profit/NGOs
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence)
- Experience working remotely
- Sales education or certifications
About Last Call Media
Last Call Media is a 10+ year old company that started in Massachusetts, USA, and we’ve been fully remote since 2017.
How We Work
We like to do work with purpose; a lot of our clients are higher ed, non-profit and charities, and government contracts with state/city departments.
Last Call Media has a nontraditional company structure; we have no “people managers” and the individuals that do really well here are self-starters who can work independently, but know when to ask for help.
We’re a highly collaborative environment. From the projects we work on to the way our company is run, we believe that the more perspectives we’re able to take into account, the better things will be. We like to maintain alignment by checking in early and often and communicating frequently. We like to avoid people completing large deliverables in a vacuum, where misalignments can grow large.
Because of our nontraditional company structure, our highly collaborative environment, and our frequent check-ins, we approach accountability a little differently than many other organizations by having a high level of trust with everyone. Our work is the product of our collaboration–if improvements need to be made, we approach them as a team as opposed to placing blame on individuals.
Last Call encourages people to maintain a good work/life balance. People do not work on weekends, and we do not interrogate people who want to take time off. We do ask that all employees schedule their work days to have at least a five hour overlap with 9:00 am – 5:00 pm eastern time (ET), but how that ends up working out is different for everyone. All that matters is that your team can count on you to attend meetings and meet project deadlines.
We heavily utilize Slack and Jira for frequent daily communication. Other tools in our belt include Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.), Confluence, Harvest, and more that are specific to specialized teams. Teams at LCM are usually based around a competency (like design or development) or a specific project, and will have their own meeting cadences (daily standup, retros, etc.) as well. Almost everyone at Last Call is a member of one or more teams, and we come together as a company (virtually) regularly.
All of us at LCM pride ourselves on being:
- Able to empathize, which helps us understand the needs of the client, the customer, the product, and the team at LCM
- Able to work independently
- Comfortable asking for help
- Experienced with communicating with clients directly
- Eager and motivated to learn new concepts
- Team players in a collaborative environment
- Fast learners
Compensation & How To Apply:
This position is compensated at a salary commensurate with skill and experience, with an anticipated range of $125,000 – $145,000 USD annually (salaries are adjusted for country location), with potential for incentive compensation. LCM also offers a comprehensive benefits including an annual (unlimited) professional development budget; a flexible PTO policy; health, dental, and vision insurance; and more!
If this position already sounds like you or sounds like where you’re headed, please reach out. Applications must be completed in English.
Our hiring process has four steps:
- First, you’ll complete a questionnaire about your skills and experience – we also ask that you include a resume, though our focus is on the questionnaire.
- If selected, you’ll create a brief (<5 minute) video interview based on question prompts we’ll send you.
- If selected, you’ll be interviewed by members of LCM’s Product & Delivery Group. It is possible we may want to conduct a second interview with some candidates.
- If selected, you’ll complete a trial project that will take no more than 2 hours, with a follow-up discussion with our team.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/last-call-media-account-strategist