Newsifier is a fast-growing SaaS scale-up on a mission to simplify and enhance digital news publishing. Our vision is to be the leading all-in-one solution for news publishers globally, enabling them to grow their traffic and revenue with our AI-powered CMS.
Our target customers are online newspapers that want to grow their business and get rid of all the technical hassle that involves running a news publishing business.
We are ambitious but down-to-earth people and take pride in improving our product every day and seeing our company grow.
We started in 2020 and serve 80 online newspapers currently with a team of 10 (mainly developers) who all work remotely. Until now, we have grown mostly organically in the Netherlands and Belgium and are planning to accelerate our growth in new markets next year, and in this, we see a vital role for our to-be-hired Head of Growth.
About the job
You will be the first sales and marketing hire and get a lot of freedom to set up the growth department, which we are planning to expand with at least three new hires in 2024.
As the Head of Growth at Newsifier, you will constantly be asking “how do I get more customers?” and seeking innovative solutions to this question.
You will be responsible for creating a scalable and repeatable marketing engine that drives revenue growth and brand recognition. If you thrive at the intersection of data, setting processes, creativity, and curiosity, this is the role for you. We’re looking for a Growth Hacker who can leverage the power of AI to scale our sales and has a drive for creating effective marketing funnels.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Data-Driven Growth Development: You will constantly experiment with new growth tactics and utilize data analytics to create a scalable and repeatable marketing engine. This includes cold email outreach and the optimization of our website.
- Content and LinkedIn Marketing : You will develop a consistent content and LinkedIn marketing strategy to boost our SEO and LinkedIn traffic, establishing Newsifier as a thought leader in the digital news publishing space.
- Community Building: You will lead efforts in creating and nurturing online communities for news publishers, establishing trust, and converting members into clients. To this end, you will also oversee the creation of free tools for news publishers.
- Team Leadership and Expansion: As the department grows in 2024, you will lead and expand the team, fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
Job details and benefits:
This is a full-time remote job.
- We provide a competitive salary with a big performance-based component.
- We organize bi-annual global get-togethers, with the next one scheduled for Florianopolis, Brazil.
- Equity shares may become a part of your compensation package, contingent upon a successful collaboration and our mutual commitment to a long-term partnership.
- You have a highly entrepreneurial mindset and you love to take ownership and lead the growth of the number of customers. It’s a plus if you have set up your own projects or startups in the past.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role in the SaaS industry and have a track record of successful growth projects and strategies, and preferably experience in recruiting and expanding a sales and marketing team.
- You have ample experience in performance-based marketing and utilizing several marketing tools like Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Email outreach tools, and understand key metrics like CPC, CPA, ACV, LTV, and ROAS.
- Your interpersonal skills are top-notch, enabling effective collaboration with team members and colleagues.
Current marketing efforts and plan
Below, we have listed our past sales and marketing efforts and plan to give you an idea where we currently stand and where we see growth possibilities.
- Cold email outreach. Although conducted on a small scale, our cold email outreach has yielded high conversion rates. We have a contact list of 50.000 prospects that we have built ourselves by combining and scraping a lot of different data sources.
- Content marketing. We have a few blog posts that attract quite a lot of SEO traffic, but due to lack of time, we have not been posting consistently. So we believe there could be a lot of opportunity here by posting consistently and positioning ourselves as the knowledge source on how to grow your news publishing business.
- LinkedIn Marketing. We have been really absent on Linkedin so far, so we think there could be a good opportunity for growth.
- Improve our sales website. We believe we could improve our sales website by making more tailored landing pages and adding an explainer video and a lead magnet.
- Community building. Unlike in other industries, in news publishing, there are really few online communities built up. So we see a big opportunity here in building these communities and gain trust and convert members into clients.
- Create more free tools for news publishers. We have launched one free tool that brings us traffic of news publishers but we are considering building more tools. We have a pretty big and skilled software development team at our disposal to assist in this.
- Building partnerships. We have good relationships with advertising agencies that work for news publishers and get clients consistently by getting recommended by them. We want to scale this by setting up more partnerships with companies that have the same target audience as us.