Weâre Looking For An: SEO Data Scientist Intern to help establish connections between, and draw insights from, the various data sources used by the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team. S/he will have the opportunity to gain insight and experience within our cutting-edge, data-driven SEO department. S/he will support the team by tracking search engine rankings and traffic and by automating data collection and data analysis whenever possible. Ultimately, s/he will learn to identify business opportunities based on large-scale datasets.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA (Remote)
What Youâll Be Doing:
- Create reports by merging data sources (e.g., Tableau, Google Analytics, Google Search Console)
- Analyze datasets (e.g., log files, backlinks) in order to identify patterns and outliers
- Respond to data requests from inside and outside the department
- Research opportunities to automate data collection and data analysis
- Estimate business potential of higher Google rankings for specific keyword configurations
- Analyze site content through Google NLP tools to highlight opportunities to improve
- Attend team meetings to obtain a holistic picture on how the team operates daily.
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you donât tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner and ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Familiar with R or Python
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets: pivot tables and advanced formulas
- 1 – 2 yearsâ experience in Search Engine Marketing and/or Search Engine Optimization preferred
- Working towards a Bachelors Degree or higher
Golden Perks & Benefits:
- Health and Happiness: Enjoy 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. Get 75% premium coverage for dependents.
- Become an Owner: Join our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and be a part owner of Golden Hippo.
- Boost Your Savings: Maximize your retirement with a generous 401K Plan and company matching up to 3.5%.
- Stand Out, Get Rewarded: Excel and be recognized through our KPI Bonus, Win of the Week, Spot Bonus, and Shoutouts Program.
- Flexibility at Your Fingertips: Work on your terms with flexible arrangements for most positions.
- Skyrocket Your Career: Unleash your potential with unlimited room for professional growth.
- Thrilling Events Await: Exciting virtual and in-person events that redefine fun.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $18-$22/hour.
Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geographical location.