Headquarters: Tallinn, Estonia
About Toggl Hire
Toggl Hire is a skills assessment platform designed to streamline the hiring process for companies and job seekers alike. We are big believers that modern-day recruiting should be effortless and enjoyable. That means no more resumes or cover letters, no more endless hours screening through applications, no more interpreting past roles into current experience, no more bias and gut feeling, but informed decisions based on demonstrated skill.
About the Team
We are a fully remote team, with 19 people working from 13 different countries around Europe. We are highly skilled, highly motivated, and most importantly, a fun, friendly bunch. We value transparency, communication, and results over effort and excuses. We have regular in-person meetups in Europe every 3 months or so.
P.s. We have recently been named one of the best remote companies to work at.
As a Content Manager at Toggl Hire, you will lead our product-led content strategy. Know what really good product-led content looks like? Keep reading. This role is perfect for an experienced content marketer who’s got the chops to analyze, strategize, brief, edit and ship content that impacts business performance.
You can be based anywhere in Europe to be eligible for this role.
The salary for this position is 55000€ annually, and we are committed to increasing salaries yearly based on company and individual performance.
What will you do in this role?
- Own our content editorial calendar – have a 6-9 month POV on content output and direction.
- Oversee a team of talented freelance writers to scale content efforts by establishing consistent content production workflows and processes.
- Develop a cadence and standard for recycling content and continually update existing content to improve our rankings and reader experience.
- Create highly detailed briefs for contract writers ensuring content quality and brand consistency. Hit high marks with SEO and product-led angles.
- Proofread and edit our content to the highest editorial standard. Manage the publishing cadence and internal linking process.
- Work closely with our designer to develop custom images and repurpose visual content to enrich articles.
- Own Toggl Hire’s Linkedin presence by repurposing blog content into engaging social media posts.
- Track and report on content performance with a laser focus on improving our rankings and reader experience and driving more organic signups.
How is success measured in this role?
- Content metrics: organic traffic growth, time on page, keyword ranking, organic signups
- Linkedin metrics: engagement, traffic, # of followers
- Operational performance: consistent publishing cadence, workflow automation
Does this sound like you?
- This is not your first rodeo. You have enough experience in content marketing to understand the fundamentals of keyword research, content production and optimization. You’ve also managed contract writers before and have a few successful content case studies under your belt.
- You’re equal parts strategic and creative. People love reading your stuff. You know how to create content that’s enjoyable to consume and helps drive brand awareness. When coming up with new topic ideas, you lead with data and SEO insights, not personal preferences.
- You have a bias for action. You take pride in getting things done and crossing them off your to-do list. Taking action is your default state; you have a plan C for your plan B and don’t mind being scrappy to drive things forward.
- You’re autonomous and self-disciplined. In your book, deadlines are not to be messed with. You can expertly handle your workflows and timelines and don’t need ‘to be managed’. At the same time, you’re a great collaborator who can work as part of a team on bigger projects; distributed-but-connected kind of vibe.
- You notice what others don’t. Attention to detail is part of your DNA. You have an excellent command of the English language, can effortlessly fix weak transitions, elevate others’ writing or spot weird word choices. Communication is your superpower.
- You know your tools. From Surfer, Ahrefs and Google Search Console to ChatGPT, Canva and Notion – you’re familiar with the essential marketing tools or have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly.
- You’re always learning something. ‘Can we automate this?’ is a staple phrase in your vocabulary. You’re not scared of AI or technology in general – in fact, you love playing around with new tools and experimenting with new ideas. For you, ‘best practice’ is just another thing waiting to be innovated.
- You speak meme. You use your love for pop culture to tap into trends and generate compelling content. And you don’t mind cracking a joke or two with your colleagues!
- Freedom to choose when and how much you work – we only measure results
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure)
- Laptop budget up to €2,500 and it renews every 3 years
- €2,000 budget to set up your home office, and an additional €300 every year after 3 years of tenure
- €250 per month for co-working space membership and/or internet service at home
- €4,000 per year contribution to use for training, workshops, and conferences
- €2,000 per year contribution for any equipment or services to improve and/or maintain your physical and mental health
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)
If you’re excited about the opportunity to play a foundational role in our organic growth and have an unbridled passion for quality content, we’d love to meet you!