NPR Music seeks an organized project coordinator to support all logistics for the 10th annual Tiny Desk Contest. This person will have an integral role in all aspects of the contest, including moderating entries, planning and going on the road for a 10-city tour, and working across teams to ensure a smooth and successful rollout.
- Contest Support
- Answer questions and manage communications in the Tiny Desk Contest help desk and Contest inbox
- Communicate with Legal regarding entrant eligibility questions
- Moderate Contest entries, checking for eligibility
- Assist with facilitating the inaugural âFan Favoriteâ voting process
- Member Partnerships liaison
- Compose and coordinate with Member partnerships team to send out station-wide communications
- Maintain and update Contest resources for stations including (eg. event planning guide, site on nprstations.org)
- Point person for all communications with stations around Contest-focused local events
- Oversee the development of eligible entry lists for stations from selected states/cities
- Liaise with member stations who participate in on-site activations on tour
- Main point of contact with tour venues, ensuring all venues are contracted, paid, and communicated with for tour needs.
- Maintain online event pages and manage ticket sales with Marketing
- Process all contracts and payments to artists and vendors
- Coordinate supplies shipments
- Coordinate swag fabrication and distribution with marketing
- Create and distribute tour itineraries for Contest winner and NPR staff.
- Book all travel for Contest winner and NPR staff
- Oversee all front-of-house on-site operations at each tour stop.
- Assist with budget management and reconciliation
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be assigned, and this job description can be modified at any time.
- 2-5 years of experience working in events, hospitality, customer service or administration
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially in person / in event settings
- Social media content management
- Strong interest in music, music writing, and music discovery
- Tour management experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Remote Permitted: This is a remote permitted role. This role is based out of our Washington, DC office but the employee may choose to work on a remote basis from a location that NPR approves.
- This is a full time, non exempt position.
Hourly Rate: The U.S. based anticipated hourly rate for this opportunity is $36.05 – $38.46 per hour. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum hourly rate NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
Benefits: NPR offers access to comprehensive benefits for employees and dependents. Regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week are eligible to enroll in NPRâs benefits options. Benefits include access to health and wellness, paid time off, and financial well-being. Plan options include medical, dental, vision, life/ accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, short-term disability, and voluntary retirement savings to all eligible NPR employees.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you.