The Biden for President Campaign is looking for ambitious individuals to serve as interns for the Ballot Access team.
Interns are expected to work 6 hours per day, 5 days per week. The recommended hours to work are 12pm -6pm, but schedules can be flexible. During this internship you will gain knowledge on what it means for a Presidential candidate to gain access to a voterâs ballot and all that it entails.
The internship is paid at $17/hour. Due to campaign finance restrictions, interns are not permitted to accept any other payment or thing of value for the internships without explicit approval by the Campaign.
- Assist with petition data entry to verify signaturesAssist with organizing and sorting petitions for data entry or submission as they are submitted
- Support compiling biographical information for Biden-Harris delegates
- Support ad hoc Ballot Access projects as they come up, which could include assisting with logistics for events or campaign briefings
- Support Ballot Access volunteer onboarding and vetting process, which includes outreach to Ballot Access volunteers, working with the vetting team and IT to onboard, and then communicating and helping with email set up
- Support logistics for volunteer trainings in states
Skills & Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in college as a 3rd year or higher (or a recent graduate within the last 6 months)
- Proficient in working within Google Sheets
- A team player who recognizes the importance of holding oneself accountable
- A self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with campaign volunteers from across the country
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment Interest in Democratic politics
Additional Useful Skills & Qualifications
- Prior experience on a political campaign
- State specific political knowledge
Biden for President is committed to diversity among its staff and interns, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The campaign is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The campaign is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The campaign will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
All information provided to Biden for President must be accurate and truthful. In the event that any information on your resume or related materials are found to be untruthful, the campaign reserves the right to disregard applications or take immediate disciplinary action, up to and including termination, and also reserves the right to take legal action for related damages.
Accessibility Note: We invite all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you require any accommodation in the application process, you may request a reasonable accommodation.
Biden for President believes in the importance of privacy for all individuals and is committed to handling personal data responsibly and securely. This means being thoughtful about the data you share with us, how we use it, and how we protect it.