At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaidâs network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Plaid Commercial Counsel team facilitates Plaidâs goals by drafting and negotiating all varieties of our companyâs commercial agreements, including sell-side (GTM), buy-side (Procurement), and financial data access (FA). We advise our business partners on company-wide commercial strategies and narratives regarding legacy and new Plaid products, accelerating revenue while minimizing legal debt.
In this role, you will draft and negotiate commercial agreements across Plaid, including: Revenue (GTM) agreements (MSAs, Partnership Agreements, Amendments, etc.), Procurement agreements, NDAs, and Order Forms/SOWs/Schedules. You will help evolve our teamâs operations, templates, and strategies and will be a principal Legal partner to business stakeholders of all levels regarding the practical contours of their commercial transactions.
- Shepherd key commercial agreements from start to close.
- Directly collaborate with Legal leads, GTM leads, and other high-level legal and nonlegal stakeholders.
- Represent Plaid facing counterparties of all varieties: emerging v. established organizations, tech v. finance, etc.
- Help refine commercial-legal frameworks that impact the entire fintech ecosystem.
- 3+ years of commercial-legal transactions experience.
- Law firm and/or in-house legal experience drafting and negotiating commercial technology contracts (e.g., MSAs, Partnership Agreements, NDAs).
- Plaid mentality â growth/impact mindset, positive attitude, low ego; desire to build, progress, âmake it better,â and seek (i.e., reason and test) your own good answers before asking others; excellent legal and business judgment (e.g., issue spotting).
- Awareness of security/privacy laws and market standards regarding end user data transfers.
- Excellent organization, task-management, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Readiness to hit the ground running.
- Nice to have: Experience drafting and negotiating complex data licensing and technology agreements in the fintech, financial services, and/or banking space.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.