Headquarters: Philadelphia PA
Hi! We’re Redshift Sports, and for the past 10 years we have been developing truly innovative bicycle products that are loved by cyclists around the world. We engineer, design, and assemble all of our products in the US and we are proud that they are used by everyone from casual cyclists to pro racers. We’re growing fast and looking for someone who loves both bikes and helping people to join us as our Customer Service Lead. As a small company, we take exceptional pride in the level of service that we provide to our customers, and we’re looking for someone who can help us grow our team while still maintaining those high standards.
This is a fully remote position, but we do have a beautiful office in South Philadelphia if you prefer to work in-office. We offer a flexible work environment, competitive salary, 4 weeks of paid vacation, and a 401k with company contribution. As the brand grows this role will also grow with added responsibilities and opportunities including hiring and coordinating the work of other customer service team members.
The perfect candidate for this role is someone who really, REALLY loves helping people, has excellent written communication skills, and has significant experience with bicycles and bike parts. If you fit that description, we’d love to hear from you!
- Ensure all customer service inquiries are resolved in a timely manner with a satisfactory result.
- Act as the first-line of communication – sort, categorize, and assign incoming customer service inquiries.
- Track the ongoing status of all inquiries through completion, even if those tickets have been assigned to other team members.
- Respond directly to customers as appropriate, and work with other Redshift team members (engineering, fulfillment) as needed to resolve issues.
- Monitor and respond to customers on Redshift’s social media platforms.
- Compile statistics related to product issues, new product/feature requests, and customer pain points.
- Develop and refine canned responses and FAQs to commonly encountered customer service issues.
- Work with other team members (engineering, marketing, fulfillment) to streamline our processes and make our products easier to understand, install, and use.
- Must have excellent written communications via email and social platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Significant knowledge of bicycles and bicycle components.
- Previous written customer service experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Experience with ecommerce systems and tools a plus.
This role is ideal for someone who:
- Really, really loves helping people find answers to their questions. We can’t emphasize this enough – if you don’t LOVE helping people, then this probably isn’t the right job for you.
- Has impeccable written communication. 99% of our customer service interactions are handled in writing via email, Facebook messenger, Instagram, etc. We’re looking for a person who can communicate clearly and enthusiastically through their writing.
- Knows their way around web based tools and social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. This person will be responsible for monitoring and responding to questions in our web based customer service tool and on our social platforms.
- Is self-motivated and highly organized. This person will be driving our customer service processes and will be responsible for tracking all customer service tickets through completion.
- Loves bikes and riding in all its varied forms (gravel, road, mountain, e-bike, commuter, etc.).
Salary and Benefits:
- Fully remote with flexible working hours (part time opportunities available)
- Competitive salary – $50-65K/year depending on experience
- Health insurance stipend of $3600/year
- 401k with 3% company contribution
- Discretionary bonuses
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Potential for growth and leadership opportunities
- Travel opportunities
How To Apply:
We’d love to hear from you. To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter or a short 1-2 minute introductory video
- Resume / CV