Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health
Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equipâs culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
The Referral Coordinator is responsible for triaging incoming patient referrals from our provider partners and will work closely with the outreach team and admissions team to ensure a smooth referral experience for the provider. In this exciting startup environment, a good culture-fit is someone who is collaborative, adaptable, and resourceful. This role includes administrative duties that require a candidate to be highly detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated. The Referral Coordinator will communicate with medical and mental health providers and collaborate with cross-functional teams daily, so we are seeking a candidate who can communicate effectively to different audiences and is strongly aligned with our mission to bring gold-standard eating disorder treatment to everyone. Must be able to work Eastern Time zone!
- Collaborate with the admissions team and outreach team to triage referred patients and support referral partners during their patientâs admissions process
- Serve as a liaison between new providers and outreach managers
- Manage data and reports in multiple systems including a CRM, EMR, and data analytics platform
- Manage confidential health information thoughtfully
- Ensure that data is inputted accurately and consistently and assist with data audits as needed
- Potential travel opportunities to join in-person conferences, community events, and Equip team meet-ups
- Speak confidently about Equipâs services, patient population, and referrals process
- Bachelorâs degree or higher
- 1+ years experience in a customer service role or case management role, preferably in healthcare
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship-building expertise
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Sharp organizational skills with capability to manage details in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Comfortable with a remote role and a remote team with high autonomy and self-motivation
- Ability to think critically to quickly and accurately work through challenges and rapid change
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- A desire to work at a fast-growing health tech startup
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to quality treatment
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths â and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.