Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform. The company ignites the passions of global sports fans and maximizes the presence and reach for hundreds of sports partners globally by offering innovative products and services across Fanatics Commerce, Fanatics Collectibles, and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, allowing sports fans to Buy, Collect and Bet. Through the Fanatics platform, sports fans can buy licensed fan gear, jerseys, lifestyle and streetwear products, headwear, and hardgoods; collect physical and digital trading cards, sports memorabilia, and other digital assets; and bet as the company builds its Sportsbook and iGaming platform. Fanatics has an established database of over 100 million global sports fans, a global partner network with over 900 sports properties, including major national and international professional sports leagues, teams, players associations, athletes, celebrities, colleges, and college conferences, and over 2,000 retail locations, including its Lids retail business stores.
As a market leader with more than 18,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
With Germany as the host country for the UEFA Euro 2024 Tournament, Fanatics requires a Service Provider to act as Venue Manager to lead and oversee the onsite day to day retail operations at both the Stadium, as well as the Fan Zones, within the host city. The Venue Manager should be supported by 2 Assistant Venue Managers, all of which work alongside Fanatics EURO 2024 Project Manager who will be the main point of contact onsite and liaison with UEFA. Collectively the Venue Team will together prepare, coordinate, and lead the onsite staff to ensure an efficient and effective operation that delivers against targets whilst ensuring the possible Fan experience for football fans and spectators.
From the 10th June 2024 – 16th July 2024 (includes setup and breakdown schedule).
The Venue Manager will lead in the set-up, daily running, and break down of all Retail operations within their respective cities.
Locations to include:
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work alongside UEFA counterparts to deliver best in class on-site retail operations at Venue & Fan Zone
- Prior to Tournament commencement, coordinate and oversee the set up all retail locations including: stock management, deliveries, BoH / stockrooms, display & visual merchandising, pricing, and the install of till systems etc.
- Liaise with Venue contractors, sponsors and stakeholders to ensure operations remain on track and effective at all times
- Lead a team including Assistant Venue Manager(s), Supervisors and casual staff at each location to deliver effective retail operations throughout the event
- Coordinate staff training including till training, customer service, replenishment, venue knowledge, product knowledge etc.
- Drive Fanatics revenue KPIs including conversion and AOV
- Maximize sales through effective management of your on-site team
- Monitor sales behaviour ensuring all retail locations are always fully stocked in order to maximise revenue, coordinating replenishment accordingly
- Oversee stock management & movements including: prepare for stock deliveries at any point during the tournament, distribution to relevant location, security and stock integrity, waste & soiled goods
- Dismantling and breaking down of all points of retail post event
- Provide regular reports to Fanatics Euro Project Manager, escalating any issues / barriers to trading.
- Ensure that all health and safety, as well as security requirements are met for the duration of the tournament.
- Manage staff welfare
- Service provider to ensure that they or their representative acting as the Venue Manager are onsite, in Germany, between 10 June 2024 and 16 July 2024 – 5 consecutive weeks including weekends.
- Service provider will ensure that the person delivering on this assignment in capacity of âVenue Managerâ has relevant experience working within store management or event retail, preferably within the sports industry (5+ yearsâ).
- Is confident and a self-starter â ability to take the initiative
- Is a solutions focused professional with a cool head under pressure
- Is an excellent communicator, forging strong working relationships quickly and effectively
- A good leader with the ability to balance staff and business needs simultaneously
- Responsible for Retail execution for a large number of retail units operating at the same time
- Multilingual capabilities desired but not essential (German & English)
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and donât fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanaticsâ fair labor practices.