Headquarters: McLean, VA
We’re looking to expand our Growth Team with a versatile, multi-talented, proactive person to help drive us forward while we help our clients be force-multipliers for good.
At Yoko Co, we know that life is short, which is why we exclusively serve clients who are working to make a positive impact. From rescuing pets, to saving lives, to building communities for brilliant minds, the work you do here will help make the world a better place.
Our team is made up of people who are passionate about the work they do, the missions of the clients they serve, and, importantly, their craft. We don’t think of one another as coworkers or employees, but as fellow humans. We’re here to bring out the best in each other every day.
Why work at Yoko Co?
- Mission. We are a purpose-driven team. This is your chance to +help create a better world for all of us.
- 4-Day Work Week. We treat our Mondays as flex days, meaning that you can take most of them off if you plan your work appropriately.
- Holiday Breaks. We’re closed for nearly a full week at Thanksgiving and two weeks at the end of the year.
- Best Place to Work. For two years running, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and Washington Business Journal.
- Kind, High-Caliber Team. You’ll work with team members who are both top performers and genuinely kind and supportive.
If you work here, you’ll:
- Make exceptional first impressions and set the tone for new client relationships by genuinely caring about how we can help.
- Actively participate in the business development process, whether that be initial outreach, demo presentations, or follow-ups.
- Assist the team by prepping the necessary paperwork for new engagements.
- Take the lead on scheduling meetings and keeping lines of communication active.
You’ll do great if you:
- Have a solid understanding of web strategy, digital marketing, social media. (Bonus points for a working knowledge of WordPress.)
- Are energized by finding and meeting new people, and great at developing meaningful relationships.
- Have the attention to detail and writing chops needed to create a wide range of sales-focused paperwork, including emails, estimates, proposals, SOWs, and MSAs.
- Take initiative and actively seek out ways to help out the team and streamline the business development process.
- You love deadlines, and use your time management skills to prioritize and complete a multitude of tasks effectively.
- Have a “can-do attitude” and are willing to jump in on new challenges and grow your skills.
- Are an avid learner. You should be excited to learn from (and teach) both clients and team members.
- Care about your work. We make our impact through the work we do for our clients, so it’s critical we believe in what we do.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with CRM systems like HubSpot, Salesforce, Fresh Sales, or others.
- Experience with writing contracts, SOWs, other business development materials.
- Experience with Google Workspace.
- Experience with communication tools like Slack.
- Experience with project management tools like Asana.
- Experience with data tools like Google Analytics and AirTable.
- Experience with WordPress or web design in general.
- Experience with content creation.
However, maybe don’t apply if:
- You prefer to work on a single big project at a time. We all have to do a bit of juggling around here.
- You’d rather wait for someone to tell you what to do. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated and ready to take initiative.
- You’ve ever said “that’s not my job” or “that’s below my pay grade.” We take pride in a culture where everyone is willing to pitch in where they need to.
- You want someone to hold your hand every step of the way.
This isn’t the place for everyone. You’ll have a lot of autonomy, but the expectations are high, the work is fast-paced, and the hats are many. We’re looking for people with grit who take ownership, see the big picture, and are always thinking about how we can do even better the next time.
The interview process:
You’ll do 3-to 4 interviews with various members of our team, starting with a short culture interview, and then moving on to more specialized conversations. Somewhere in the process, you’ll likely do a short practical test to ensure you can deliver at the level it takes to be successful here. If you have some, we’d love to see examples of work you’ve done that relates to the work you’d do here.
What you get:
You’ll get a competitive salary, unlimited time off, a flexible schedule, the ability to work wherever you want, a personal development budget, federal holidays and multiple weeks off at the end of the year to recharge. If you’re in the US, we also offer health insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401k matching.
A little more about us:
Our team is made up of people who are passionate about the work they do, the clients they serve, and, importantly, their craft. We also care about each other — we don’t think of one another as coworkers or employees, but as fellow humans. From developers to designers, project managers to strategists, we bring out the best in each other.
We’ve been in business for over a decade, our whole team is remote, we were named a 2020 and 2021 Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and the Washington Business Journal, and you can poke around our website if you want to know more.
If you’re interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Relationships Matter”, and please share your opinion on what it means to drive growth in pursuit of making the world a better place.
We take applicants from all over the world. However, you must be willing to work a schedule that has a reasonable overlap with normal US business hours.
Please note that we will begin responding to applications the week of January 8, 2024.