Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
(Fully remote, dev-tools, part time (at least 32h/week) or full time, from GMT-7 (PT) to GMT+2 (CEST))
It’s an exciting time to join our team! We’re a fully remote startup on a mission to build the #1 monitoring platform for developers. With Checkly, developers can build and run synthetic monitoring that scales. Our goal is to provide a monitoring as code workflow for developers: programmable, fast, and reliable…a world-class developer experience!
Thousands of developers are using Checkly today, we just passed the milestone of 5 billion check runs and raised our $10M USD Series A led by CRV and Accel!
We care about building a team where people of all backgrounds are encouraged to do their best work. To achieve this we built a flexible, fully remote and async-first startup environment with inclusive benefits.
What you’ll do
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager at Checkly, reporting directly to our CMO, you will play a critical role in scaling and refining our go-to-market motion rooted in a passion for marketing products and platforms to developers and technical audiences. More specifically, you will:
- Work with product teams on product positioning, marketing, growth and messaging strategy.
- Work closely with sales, product, engineering, and solution engineering to drive and execute our go-to-market strategy.
- Drive and manage all phases of product launches from working with Product Engineering early in the development phase to drafting a go-to-market plan to drafting and editing content, driving design & distribution, and delivering sales enablements, to driving awareness and conversions, testimonials and reviews and continuously measuring impact.
- Craft the vision and strategy to bring product to market and maximize its reach and adoption by performing customer research, competitive analysis, telling a compelling holistic product story, and leading the go-to-market process.
- Present, describe, and demo Checkly and related technologies across developer, SRE, and DevOps audiences.
- Build, own and execute the messaging, product naming, and branding. Synthetic Monitoring is rapidly evolving, changing and growing and there is a huge opportunity to tell a bold, opinionated and compelling differentiated story to connect the Checkly platform more deeply with existing users and future customers.
- Lead cross-functional, innovative marketing plans targeted to specific technical audiences, including Developers, SREs and DevOps teams, that drive awareness, preference and loyalty – because no one person can launch a product alone.
- Create thought leadership by managing and facilitating creation, editing, design, internal and external announcements, blogs, landing pages, etc.
- Utilize enablement tools, content, and general sales enablement motions to drive sales and activations.
What you should have
- Ability to think of the big picture on product and market strategy and also be able to dive deep with the marketing team to solve sales/customer issues.
- Extensive experience in product marketing is required for this role, in developer and DevOps audiences and at startups.
- Experience in launching and scaling new and existing products, driving high impact marketing programs and campaigns, with metric driven KPIs. Ability to understand developer focused products and solutions and ways to position their value to end users.
- Passion for data and relentlessly focused on driving results.
- Empathy towards global modern developers and desire to help them more quickly and easily bring their solutions to market.
- Outstanding project management skills founded on well-organized approach with a strong ability to prioritize and juggle projects simultaneously and delivering on time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment and collaborate with internal team members and external agencies and partners.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Ability to be autonomous and self-motivated in a remote work environment, while you also enjoy getting to know your colleagues and helping others.
- Passion for explaining technical concepts to both internal colleagues and external developer audiences. Familiarity and experience with presenting technical content in webinars, podcasts, and videos.
- Located between GMT-7 and GMT+2
What we offer
- Become part of a fast-growing, international, and remote team
- Fair and competitive salary (see below) + Stock options
- Fully remote
- Flexible work hours and we support families: you can pick up your kids without worrying about work
- 27 days of paid vacation + your local public holidays
- Paid sick leave & parental leave
- Modern laptop and equipment
- $1,000 learning & visiting budget
- Co-working budget
- Bi-annual company retreats
- Employment & Contractor options
Find out more here.
What we pay
Fair, competitive, and transparent pay is very important for us. Therefore we work with a standardized salary calculator that includes several factors such as seniority level as well as location.
For this role, we’re looking at a range of
- €93,375 – €103,750 for someone located in a similar cost of market as Germany or the UK.
- $152,175 – $169,083 for someone located in a similar cost of market as Seattle or NY.
- $121,740 – $135,266 for someone located in other cost of market areas in the USA.
If you live in a lower or higher cost of market range, that also moves the pay range.
If this sounds interesting, please apply! Studies by several different sources have shown that on average men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. Women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of requirements before applying. If you’re not sure you’re the right fit, apply anyway and let us know what you bring to the table. We’d love to hear from you!
We’re all about being transparent and setting clear expectations. That’s why we’ve put together our hiring playbook. There you’ll find a sneak peek of who we are and what you can expect in our hiring process.