As the Financial Controller, youâll be responsible for owning all financial operations and administration for The Optimism Foundation. Your role will stretch across fiat and crypto. Youâll work in partnership with our founding team to set up financial operations and processes in a nascent organization in the burgeoning field of crypto. Welcome to the cutting edge.
What are the roll responsibilities?
- Create proper financial and operational controls over accounts, crypto wallets, and critical processes
- Manage external bookkeepers, tax professionals to produce financial statements and prepare tax documents
- Create and maintain budgets and forecasts (fiat and crypto)
- Oversee all tax filings: Corporate tax returns, franchise, state, and city taxes, 1099-MISC, etc.
- Process payroll (domestic and international, crypto and fiat)
- Supervise accounts payable and receivable
- Execute crypto transfers to pay vendors, employees, etc.
- Respond to financial data requests from investors and regulators (in partnership with Legal)
What skills do you bring to the table?
- 5+ years experience in finance role
- Able to execute under ambiguity, at high velocity
- Willingness to âget hands dirtyâ
- Comfort with executing crypto transactions through third-party custody websites (e.g. BitGo, Coinbase, Circle), or an eagerness to learn
- Clear and concise communicator, both oral and written
- The ideal candidate has an accounting or finance degree, or a degree in a quantitative field, a CPA and 1-2 years of experience in a startup environment (crypto is a big plus)
- Experience in FP&A in addition to accounting
- Must live outside of the U.S. or be willing to move outside of the U.S.Â