sFOX is a full-service prime dealer uniting liquidity from over 30 exchanges and OTC desks in one easy-to-manage platform. sFOX’s platform provides traders with best execution services from a single account, a single counterparty, and a single workflow â giving traders greater capital efficiency. Its smart order router algorithmically routes traders to the most competitive prices worldwide, reducing slippage and improving trade performance across immense scale.
sFOX is committed to the highest standards of investor protection and reliability. The platform is SOC 2 certified and provides access to the market 24/7 with 99.99% uptime. Founded in 2014, the company is backed by Social Capital, Digital Currency Group, Khosla Ventures, DHVC, Haystack, Blockchain Capital, Y Combinator, and executives from PayPal and Airbnb.
Weâre on a mission to open the worldâs financial markets to everyone and weâre looking for exceptional talent to join our rapidly growing team.
About the Position
A US-based crypto trading platform seeks a highly motivated and result-oriented Crypto Attorney to join its legal team. As a key member of the team, you will provide general support to the Company’s legal department, advise the Company on its day-to-day operations, conduct research on U.S crypto regulation (and international regulation), and assist in structuring complex financial products in the crypto space. The ideal candidate will have 3 to 10 years of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department, with prior experience working with U.S. companies or U.S. law. A strong understanding of U.S. securities law, blockchain technology, and related legal issues is desired. This a fully remote position. You will be assisting the Companyâs legal team mostly with U.S. related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research on applicable U.S. securities law issues, including the company’s trading and custodial activities.
- Conduct research on regulatory compliance matters, including those related to securities and money transmission U.S laws.
- Prepare, review, and negotiate a diverse range of agreements common to the industry.
- Work closely with other functional area teams to provide legal advice as needed.
- Provide advice in a wide array of practice areas and special projects as needed.
- Keep current on industry-related laws and regulations and create or modify policies and procedures based on such developments.
- Work collaboratively with company management, colleagues, and various business units to support corporate activities.
- Provide risk management and mitigation counseling.
- Apply legally sound and commercially realistic legal advice to balance legal risk, compliance, business and operational objectives, and resources to Company transactions.
- Coordinate with the General Counsel and legal team to manage legal risk and Company strategy.
- Provide high-quality, timely, and practical legal advice and guidance, and identify/resolve critical legal and business issues arising from all areas of the organization.
- 3 to 10 years of experience in a leading law firm and/or in-house experience in the financial services industry.
- Being licensed to practice law in any U.S. state is desired but not required.
- LL.M from an accredited U.S. law school is desired but not required.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including experience coordinating with cross-functional teams, as well as providing sound business and legal judgment and strategic and analytical thinking.
- Self-motivated, practical, and interested in working on a wide range of legal matters to lead the Company on legal implications of its business strategy.
- Experience working with all levels of management and key business stakeholders with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate legal risks to executive leadership and senior management.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work with a team to meet critical deadlines; flexible and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing company in a rapidly evolving industry. Competitive compensation will be offered.
sFOX is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.