The Consumer Support Navigator (CSN) is a remote call center specialist who is responsible for providing inbound and outbound customer (consumer) support in a Life Sciences (Biotech)environment. In addition, the focus of the CSN is to ensure that the activities of the CSN contribute to the Senior Director, Nurse Navigator Teamâs overall program objectives.
We are looking for a Consumer Support Navigator (CSN) who is an independent worker and enjoys engaging with patients providing targeted patient education and support via webchat/SMS. CSN provides education on disease state, product mechanism of action, and product safety and facilitates patients in scheduling appointments with health care providers in their area. The goal is to empower patients through education to seek treatment for their condition and be informed about the products we support. The Consumer Support Navigator's role is limited to education, and patient engagement does not provide medical advice or clinical work. It is a remote-based role and involves patient communication via a computer-based platform.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists the Nurse Navigator Team by answering incoming consumer inquiries/interactions in a professional manner, following client guidelines and business rules
- Perform outgoing webchats in a professional manner, following client guidelines and business rules
- Responds to consumer inquiries and provides education or information to answer questions utilizing Client approved FAQ documents
- Identify and escalate priority issues to the assigned manager and/or Nurse Navigator
- Display exemplary phone /chat etiquette utilizing approved FAQ documents
- Complies with departmental standards regarding training, professional development, communication, management of workload, and safety/emergency situations
- Completes all necessary compliance training in the specified timeframe
- Records appropriate information in the database in accordance with customer business rules and training
- Documents all webchat information in the database system.
- Contributes to the Nurse Navigator team by providing support for special projects, assignments, and other duties as assigned.
Along with a results-oriented mindset, self-assurance, and an engaging manner, the ideal candidate has:
- 3+ Yearsâ Experience in Call Center within Life Sciences, Healthcare, or patient support required
- LPN and/or Medical Assistant degree
- 2+ years in the customer service field/or a combination of education and patient care experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening and follow-up skills
- Ability to multitask, take direction, and maintain prioritization
- Must have strong computer skills and must be able to type 35 wpm
- Spanish fluency a plus
The hourly rate for this position is $27.00/hour. These numbers are based on our compensation philosophy and US national averages since, as a fully remote company, we do not adjust compensation based on location.
Ostroâs goal is to provide an inclusive and equitable work environment for current and future Ostronauts. In support of our core value of practicing radical honesty, we display our salary range for each job posting across all US locations, whether or not we are required to do so. Within that range, actual compensation is determined by several factors, including but not limited to skills, job expectations, and relevant training.
Our Talent Acquisition Partners can share more information on our compensation philosophy, during initial interviews. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity and benefits.