Pool Maintenance Labs (PML) is a remote-first not-for-profit company whose public objects include education, advocacy, research and experimentation in support of liquid staking technologies. PML is looking to fill a vacancy for a Paralegal / Legal & Administrative Assistant to support the Chief Legal Officer and office of legal advocacy.
PML is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Paralegal / Legal & Administrative Assistant to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative and legal support to our lawyers and principals, assisting with corporate secretarial tasks, and ensuring smooth legal & administrative operations at PML. This position requires exceptional communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a keen eye for detail. If you have a passion for the legal field and are looking to grow your career, we encourage you to apply.
This is a full-time consultant position working for Pool Maintenance Labs. As a PML consultant you are free to work from anywhere. This an asynchronous remote position and hours may vary, but most coordination touchpoints occur during CET times where all parties can reasonably attend.
- Manage inbound requests and communications, issue intake and work distribution.
- Schedule and arrange appointments, maintain the lawyer’s calendar and schedule, bookings meetings, travel, managing incoming and outgoing e-mail
- Manage, coordinate, and ensure the smooth flow of administrative work
- Manage external accounts and pay invoices in a timely manner
- General administrative duties including incorporation and corporate records management, maintain and organize files to ensure they are easily retrievable by principals
- Monitor principles licensing requirements and ensure ongoing compliance
- Acts as a point of contact to ensure clients have the appropriate feedback and information including file updates, process or procedural changes
Legal Assistance / Support to Lawyers
- Query and retrieve legal case law, precedent materials/documents, or other relevant information as identified by a lawyer
- Assign lawyers to review non-disclosure agreements, contracts, and other inbound documents
- Create various legal and other documents/agreements through copy typing, transcription, scanning or other methods. Document work includes converting styles, performing mail merges, inserting media into presentations, cross-referencing, indexing, creating tables, working with graphs, charts and objects, using graphics applications, etc.
- Managing know-your-client issues and conflict checks
- Proofread and quality-check documents for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammar, and clarity
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies, or a related field
- A minimum of three years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant, preferably in a corporate or law firm setting
- Familiarity with corporate secretarial tasks, including the preparation and maintenance of Board of Director and committee materials
- Knowledge of legal research techniques, and proficiency in using legal research platforms and tools
- Experience with document management systems and Microsoft Office Suite / Google Suite, particularly Word / Google Docs
- Ability to work with clients who have complex needs, to execute independently in a fast-paced environment and as part of a team, demonstrating professionalism and a positive attitude
- Excellent time management, ability to prioritize effectively and deal with conflicting priorities & deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, and to use judgment in matters of extreme confidentiality and sensitivity
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and efficiently
- Ability to manage files in electronic shared directory and in the file/document management databases, and that files/filing is up to date and brought forward for review by lawyers and principals as required
- Ability to work within European time zones
- Native/Proficient English language skills
- A developing passion for crypto and decentralization is a plus! ð
Pool Maintenance Labs Ltd follows the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, preferred NFT, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability.