Coalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clientsâ hardest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world.
But thatâs not who we are â thatâs just what we do.
We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference.
And weâre growing fast.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join Coalfire's Project Management team.
The Cloud and Compliance Advisory Project Manager is a fulltime position responsible for end-to-end project life cycle management. This role will work directly with Cloud and Compliance Advisory delivery teams across Coalfire to successfully deliver projects within the defined scope, on time, and on budget. The Project Manager works with all stakeholders in building client relationships and handling escalated issues appropriately. The Project Manager is expected to work independently with little supervision over their daily activities.
- Owns the full lifecycle of numerous projects: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Serves as the main point of contact for the customer and the Coalfire team throughout the project
- Prepares project plans for all phases of the project with appropriate level of detail
- Works with Resource Deployment Managers to secure resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframe
- Closely works with engagement lead to manage the day-to-day activities and resources on project engagements
- Provides status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, and has the ability to communicate cross leadership
- Understands interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs
- Is responsible for project scope, budget, timelines, communication, and change management
- Manages project expectations and risks while delegating and managing deliverables with project team members and stakeholders
- Will monitor, track and control open action items, issues, conflicts, dependencies, and critical path deliverables. Escalates issues when necessary and follows escalation through to resolution
- Develops and delivers progress reports, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, and key stakeholders
- Works with a team of matrixed employees to deliver a succinct customer experience
- Ensures that projects and programs are proceeding according to established quality standards
- Understands project management principles, methods, and techniques
- Effectively applies Coalfire methodology and enforces project standards. Provides feedback on process changes and improvements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains company defined billable utilization targets
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a client facing, consulting environment
- Leadership skills, the ability to own project success, and proven consistency on meeting deliverables and commitments
- Able to structure and lead cross-functional teams and stakeholders through the full life cycle of projects
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management methodology: including waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience running sprint planning meetings, daily stand ups, and retrospectives preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proven success managing several projects simultaneously
- Experience creating, adapting, or updating project management governance and processes for a centralized PMO
- Ability to provide fulltime support to the Cloud and Compliance Advisory teams based in the United States
- PMP, CSM, PgMP, or related project management certification
- Experience with Smartsheet or Financial Force/Certinia
Why You'll Want to Join Us
At Coalfire, youâll find the support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In many cases, we provide a flexible work model that empowers you to choose when and where youâll work most effectively â whether youâre at home or an office.
Regardless of location, youâll experience a company that prioritizes connection and wellbeing and be part of a team where people care about each other and our communities. Youâll have opportunities to join employee resource groups, participate in in-person and virtual events, and more. And youâll enjoy competitive perks and benefits to support you and your family, like paid parental leave, flexible time off, certification and training reimbursement, digital mental health and wellbeing support membership, and comprehensive insurance options.
At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $58,000 to $101,00 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.